I don’t have much. A couple, or five, random thoughts:
- It’d be good to see Wisler keep working himself back into form after some rough outings. His past two games have been solid.
- Aybar is hitting .289 with a .396 OBP in his past 15 games.
- A scribe for the local organ referred to a Braves lefty as a righty in a game story over the weekend. That sort of error is routine, unfortunately.
- The Indians are good, young and anonymous. There’s pretty much nobody on their team that a casual National League fan would know, and not many even a reasonably committed NL fan would know.
- A week or so ago, Joe said on the air that he really hopes MLB will recognize the military during the All-Star Game in San Diego. Of course, the Navy has a huge presence in San Diego. I don’t know, Joe. A pro sports league saluting the military–often for pay–is the best bet this side of Jim Powell saying something snide about Bryce Harper if he gets the chance.
Tonight’s lineup: Peterson, Inciarte, Freddie, Markakis, Garcia, Pierzynski, Aybar, Bonifacio LF, Wisler.