Open thread, 8/7, Braves vs. Fans who intentionally vomit on little girls
Where else would a guy purposely throw up on an 11-year-old? Still, I’d take Phillies fans over Red Sox rooters any day.
Meanwhile, the Bravos continue to overpower inferior competition, the kind of teams they couldn’t beat down the stretch in 2011. The local nine’s improved depth shouldn’t be overlooked.
Consider: Janish at SS instead of Pastornicky or Jack of No Trades; a much-improved Juan Francisco spelling Chipper at 3B; Durbin, Avilan and Gearrin contributing out of the ‘pen; Reed Johnson replacing Matty D. as the team’s primary right-handed bat off the bench; and, most impressively, Kris Medlen filling in for Tommy Hanson in the rotation.
Now comes word Fredi is considering a 6-man rotation based on a suggestion by the AJC’s Jeff Schultz. Seriously.
Then again, I trust Schultz much more than Fredi’s gut. And the veteran scribe makes a convincing case.
• No. 1 starter Tim Hudson has bone spurs in his ankle. He already has received two cortisone injections. The rest would help.
• Perceived No. 2 starter Ben Sheets has started four games after not pitching in two years. Wear and fatigue could be issues.
• No. 3 Paul Maholm would be taken out of his every-fifth-day rhythm. If you consider that potentially catastrophic, raise your hand. (Anybody?)
• No. 4 Mike Minor has long surpassed his career single-season high with 116 2/3 innings (he threw 82.2 last year). Another off day should be welcomed.
• No. 5a Medlen isn’t going to complain.
• No. 5b Hanson is in no position to complain.
So what do you guys think?