Yes, Delmon Young looked impressive hitting those five homers in nine playoff games last month. And yes, the overall No. 1 pick of the 2003 draft has more raw ability than Martin, as he demonstrated in 2010 with a career-best .298, BA, 21 HR and 112 RBI. But talk of a Prado for Young trade better be just talk.
- Young is Klesko-ian on defense, minus the hustle.
- He has a reputation as a clubhouse cancer; Martin is the ideal teammate.
- His OBP in 2011 was the same as Martin’s (.302). That’s likely an aberration for Martin, whose career OBP is .20 points higher than Young’s.
- Young will make more money than Martin in 2012 and will be eligible for free agency after the season, one year before Prado.
- Tigers Interested In Martin Prado (mlbtraderumors.com)