Future Braves promotions
1. Bill Campbell/Munson Steed Olympic Street Vending Night. Remember during the 1996 Games, when our disgraced former mayor gave his pal a sweetheart deal to turn downtown into a giant flea market just in time for the whole world to see it? I loved the Olympics overall. It was a hell of a lot of fun. But that street vending business was shameful. For this night, fans bearing their own airbrush T-shirt stand or wearing prison garb get in free.
2. Wayne Williams night. Not sure what else to say here that wouldn’t be over the line even for us.
3. Lester Maddox night. Come celebrate that lovable segregationist who rode a bicycle backward across the Capitol lawn.
4. Sam Venable/Daniel Carver/Klan night. Venable used to own Stone Mountain and allowed the Ku Kluxers to gather there for years. Daniel Carver was – still is? — a Klan honcho from Gainesville who made several appearances as himself on Howard Stern’s Howiewood Squares. Come in robe and pointy hat and …ah on to the next one.
5. Stupid civic slogan night. Every day is an opening day was only the latest. I can’t seem to find any others right off hand, but there have been other lame marketing ditties by our town’s ever eager boosters.
6. Real estate developers almost always get their way night. Bring a mini wrecking ball and get in for half price, and destroy something old while you’re at it.
7. Wear another team’s hat night. Combine this one with “Kick the shit out of fans wearing Boston caps night” and it could be a lot of fun.
8. Escaped Emory monkey night.
9. Pothole Posse night.
10. Smog and traffic night.
Bring some more.