Numbers and such
- 23,438: Sunday’s night’s attendance at the Trop for the finale of the Tampa-Boston series. The Rays are a great story and a fun team to watch, but no one in TSTP seems to care. Pathetic.
- 38,170: Sunday’s attendance at The Ted. I hope that’s more about the Braves than Bark in the Park or the Christian rock band that played after the game. Hopefully we won’t see any of those embarrassing, Trop-like crowds this week against the Mets.
- 240: Runs scored by the Bravos from the 7th inning on.
- 5: Games separating the Braves and the Cards. Hard to figure what’s up with St. Louis, but any team with Wainwright, Carpenter and Pujols can’t be dismissed. That four-game series at The Ted weekend after next could be as a big as the last three games vs. the Phils. The Giants are actually ahead of the Cards in the WC race, but with Lincecum scuffling and Zito imploding I’m skeptical.
- .391: Barbaro Canizares‘ batting average since the All-Star break. Too bad he can’t play CF.