1. Tommy Hanson. Always fun to watch The Future at work.
2. Will Chipper finish with a flourish? It’d be some comfort to see his bat show some life heading into the offseason.
3. Huddy’s last few starts. Maybe his performance will help shape Wren’s offseason plans.
4. Will three Braves starters reach 200 innings? Vazquez (197 IP) and JJ (186) will. Lowe is at 177, so he should. No Brave threw 200 innings last year, and the last time three did it was 2001 — Maddux, Glavine and Burkett.
5. Will a Brave hit 20 homers (as a Brave)? McCann has 18, Chipper 16. No Brave will steal close to 20 bases in a home team uni. McLouth has 17 thefts, but just 10 as a Bravo. No Brave will approach 100 RBI. McCann leads the club with 79.
6. Will Greg Norton’s torrid September continue — he’s 1-for-3, raising his average nine points, to .145? Can he hit .150?
The Braves are sixth in the NL in team batting average, but only one of the top six — the Dodgers, who are first — will make the playoffs. The Bravos are third in team ERA. Three, maybe four of the top six in that category will play in October.